The Android M developer preview was only released to the public 3 days ago and already users have discovered tons of hidden features that Google didn’t talk about in their event. I have made a list of what I think are the top 10 coolest features Google didn’t talk about. Enjoy!
Top 10 hidden Android M features
- Android M comes with new RAM manager that gives you detailed information on how much RAM each App is using. If you have the Android M preview and want to try it out you can find it by going to System > Apps > Tap the 3 dot menu button > Advanced > Memory.
- Micro SD cards can now be used as internal system memory. A very useful feature for devices with not much on board storage. Be aware that if your going to set your SD card as system memory you wont be able to use that card with any other devices.
- Android M supports Hot Spot 2.0 which allows you to create a hot spot at both 2.4 or 5 GHz.
- There is also a Dark user interface mode for those who miss the dark appearance of Kit Kat and Jelly Bean.
- Android M will now automatically backup your apps data to a private folder on Google Drive.
- Do not disturb mode can be activated from quick settings.
- Android M now supports 4K displays
- You can now disable and enable Heads up notifications in notification settings
- The battery saving feature “Doze” that Google announced can be turned on and off for each app.
- Ability to manage passwords across multiple devices