List of new features on the upcoming updates for Apple and Android devices.
Apple iOS 8 –
- Apple iOS 8 – A total overhaul of the existing iOS 7 update from last fall
- To create their own cloud service for documents (iCloud Drive). Ex. “Google Drive”
- Finally bringing third party keyboards to iOS 8 . (Swype and swiftKey)
- All Photos now live in your iCloud Photo Library
- Messages that would self destruct on its own . That is basically a copy of snapchat.
- Interactive Notifications. (Respond to text from iOS 8, Facebook Banner, Event Invitation “Accept or Decline,” Shortcuts to Favorite and Recent contacts.)
- Safari copying Chrome with viewing all tabs in one page
- Health – Fitness app to monitor your heart rate monitor, calories burned
- Switching devices being able to finish one email on all devices.
- Spotlight- Now gives Wikipedia Entry, Nearby Places, trending news
- Icon Change
- Overhaul of Kit Kat UI Design – Changes of the App icons
- There are now animations for almost any action you take.
- Return button is now a triangle pointing to the left
- Home Button- Circle
- Multitask- now looks similar to the tabs view in Chrome.
- DialPad- Changes to Kit Kat DialPad, Dialpad pops up when you press the blue button on the bottom right hand corner.
- Contacts- More intuitive easier navigation to a certain contact.
- Keyboard- A more flat Keyboard as like in iOS 7 Keyboard, A wider keyboard for users with bigger fingers to use easier.
- Settings App- Becomes more intuitive than Kit Kat with a more organized looking tabs. (It also now comes with a search function)
- Volume – Pop up on-screen slider to turn on “Do Not Disturb,”
- Calendar app- Becomes a more organized by color for events in a list.